Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Thank You

The last month has been a bit of a roller coaster for my emotions. It's extremely frustrating because nothing big or scary has happened recently but I can't seem to function like normal. I am seeing someone and we're working through some things so I know I will get through and come out a stronger, better, more in control person. I'm sorry if I scared anyone. The comments I received really made me feel better (that is a weak word for how wonderfully cared about I felt, my creativity isn't flowing yet) though, so thank you all very much for the comments and the good suggestions. I posted some of the advice on my fridge so I think that it was worthwhile to post my "art piece" (my mother would like to think of it that way so we'll indulge her :P ) Thanks again.

Now onto some knitting. I'll admit I haven't been doing much. I currently have 2 pairs of socks (both the second sock of the pair) that I'm slowly slogging through. I have come to the realization that I need to knit my socks two at a time because I have a horrible case of SSS (second sock syndrome for those non-knitters... Dad). Luckily one of the pairs is for Jeff and I know he's not going to let me flake out on the second sock, he thinks it's unfair that he hasn't received any wool love from me yet so I hear about the poor pityful plight of his cold toes often.

I'm also working on a Back to Basics Cardigan from Mountain Colors. The yarn is Cascade Paints (well I thought that's what it is, I don't have my big knitting bag with me and I can't seem to find this yarn online so perhaps I'm wrong ). It's a beautiful yarn with lots of dark black & purple then splotches of autumn red. It knits up beautifully and once I'm done with the miles of stockinette I will love it. (Right now it's hard to love the monotony because in my world falling asleep is far to easy and sometimes I find myself waking up with needles in my lap and unfortunately the knitting fairies aren't coming around while I snooze to finish things for me.)

So in closing (I'm feeling rather formal at the moment) knitting is progressing, I am progressing and Mom, I love you and thank you for thinking of coming to Portland, but seriously, I'll be fine and I'll leave the "art pieces" for my journal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are ok, I was worried, even though I didn't comment. It doesn't help that the weather in Portland some days has been so DARK. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Just one more note to remind you that there are many people who love you, care deeply about you and want to help. Hang in there, Lady!

Kathy said...

So glad to see an update! We should get together very soon - how about lunch one afternoon, since you're in Milwaukie? Hmm?

Meghan said...

Lunch would be wonderful but I'm working a funky schedule so my lunch is at 10 am, we could have late lunch when I get off at 2:30 sometime though. Then I'd have more time to socialize anyway :)

Cheri said...

We miss you at Knit Nite. Would love to see you and knit with you a bit. Take care, Meghan; you're a great person!